I have three images for you today that have no correlation with each other and for some reason missed the first round of making the blog.
Lazy weekend with few accomplishments. I guess those are needed from time to time. Today I will wait for the garage door repairman to come. The time frame they gave me was from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., so I will be waiting probably until 4:45 p.m. 🙂
I took a course over the weekend on retouching brides. I have no intention of photographing a wedding but the same principles apply to portrait retouching as working with images of brides. So I learned some great new techniques. Now if I can just remember them all.
Once I’m done with the repairman I hope to get out and do some shooting today. I’m thinking of going down to the MillWork District and photographing some of the neat old buildings they have refurbished.
That’s it for today. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Enjoy your day and be careful.
It’s just an old abandoned house that I came across this week in some of my travels. I like the old antique look of this image.
My Son, Mark turns 23 on Sunday. It’s so hard to believe. He is a hard-working guy with a ‘can do attitude’ and I’m very proud of the young man he has become. He has had some challenges in his life as everyone does and he has stood up straight and taken them on without complaint and over come them all. That is after all the true test of an individual, how they handle adversity.
That’s it for today. I haven’t been able to fly the Phantom since the “lost on the Mississippi episode.” So many things I want to do with it and the weather just hasn’t cooperated. There will be opportunities ahead I’m sure.
Much to contemplate in the weeks ahead. Thanks for all the supportive comments from my dear friends. I am so grateful for your friendship and support.
Enjoy this Friday. This is number 5 and there are only 47 more this year. 🙂 Be careful.
Happy Friday! The title of today’s post should be “I’ve got nothing today.” This is an image from last Saturday’s shoot that didn’t make it in the first round of picks. I’m not sure why maybe space considerations because I like the image.
Difficult day yesterday, started it off with an EKG at the clinic. Getting prepared for what people 60 and over get to enjoy. 😦
I am always amazed at how angry some people seem to be most of the time. You can see in their eyes, tone of voice, and body language that screams at you, “I hate (my life, job, situation” (insert the appropriate one.)) Because one of my responsibilities is helping train folks on customer service when I see poor or no customer service I really pay attention to it.
At times I find myself wanting to ask, why are you so unhappy? Sure I know unhappy times and I am prone to mood swings but I work very hard at getting out of a down mood, because it serves no useful purpose. Studies have shown that negative thoughts tend to flood the limbic system with negativity and that simply compounds the problem. Finding positive thoughts works just the opposite and opens the brain to more positive pathways to resolve the problem.
There is a principle called the 90/10 principle. It states that we cannot control 10% of what life throws at us. But we can control the other 90% of how we react to it. Life is made up of choices and the consequences of those choices. I know, easy to say when things are going well. Not so easy when things are not going well. In my training classes I teach the 90/10 principle and many of those who have taken the session say they have come away with a new perspective about things. What a wonderful feeling that is.
Enough babble for one day, especially when I started the post off with “I’ve got nothing today.” 🙂
Enjoy your Friday (it took its sweet time getting here.) For those of you who have to deal with kids today and their post Halloween sugar buzz, you have my sympathies. Thanks for stopping by and be careful.