Happy Friday! I have wanted to capture this image for weeks. Well maybe not this exact image but I’ve seen these horses inside the barn on really cold mornings looking out and I thought it would make a good image. So this isn’t exactly what I had in mind but it’s close enough to make me happy.
Yesterday was a crappy day weather wise. There was lite snow most of the day and moderate temperatures hovering around 24 degrees when this was taken. You can see it was snowing pretty hard at the time because the snow fall is really prevalent in this image. What you don’t see is the very strong wind that was blowing so hard it was difficult to keep the car on a straight path.
I really feel sorry for animals that have to be exposed to these harsh conditions. I suppose they have adapted to it but I can’t imagine it is comfortable for them by any stretch of the imagination.
I drive by this scene every morning. 99% of the time I’m running too late to stop and take an image. The other 1% of the time the horses are nowhere to be found. So yesterday I grabbed a sandwich and headed out to see if they were in the barn. This is what I ended up with. I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping by the blog. Enjoy your day and be careful.